I really love Thanksgiving. Not because it’s a brief vacation or what I consider the start of the Christmas season, but because I am truly thankful for so many things and this holiday provides an opportunity to pause and consider them:
- That I was born in America, land of the free because of the brave, a beacon of light to dark places in the world.
- My parents who provided for my needs but not my wants.
- My wife who is so often my perfect compliment.
- My children who provide me with purpose.
- My job which affords me comfort providing comfort to others.
I thank God for these things and so many others that I could fill a book with. I am thankful for Thanksgiving.